Thursday, May 8, 2014

Good morning.  Woke from a sound sleep, jumping out of bed remembering we have a guest coming into the cabin today and the linens were still sitting on the chair in our sun room...so quickly got up, got dressed and walked over to the cabin...what a beautiful sunrise so was glad I was up.  I really do like being up early but when I stay up late those early mornings are kind of hard.  But alas, it was beautiful this morning.  

Lots of stuff on our minds and hearts today.  Ron's cousin, Missy passed away yesterday morning after dealing with ovarian cancer for almost a year.  We are sad that she is no longer with us but rejoicing that she is now pain free and in the loving arms of Jesus.
We love you Missy!!!

After the beautiful sunrise this morning, dark clouds came rolling in and we had a downpour for about 10 minutes.  Then the weather radio went off saying we are under a Severe Thunderstorm warning for the rest of the day.  That got Ron scrambling to put the soft top on the Jeep...it has been nice to have it off for the past couple of days but since we have to go to Springfield to get Ron's new glasses this gal is not chancing getting caught in a downpour in the Jeep with no top on it :)

I began my quiet time in Habakkuk reading chapter 2, verse 4.
and I was reminded how important it is to remember the many trials and struggles I have faced and through it all how the Lord has been right here with me every step of the way.  And in looking back and seeing His handiwork and provision day after day, month after month and year after year I find hope in knowing that He will always provide and be with me.  And I am encouraged to pick up my Gratitude journal once again and start writing in it and recording God's awesome blessings.

Do you keep a Gratitude journal?  If not, I want to encourage you to find a little notebook or journal and begin writing down things you are thankful for each day.  I try to write down 3 things...sometimes they are big things that have gone on in my life that day but most of the time it is simply the simple things...like yesterday, one thing I wrote down was "I am thankful to have a day off to spend it with Ron just riding around enjoying God's artwork."

And then I turned to Job 7-14...
 



And this quote from Barbara Johnson "Suffering is good for us ~ it brings us closer to God, making us better people."

And I am reminded I am who I am today because of all the struggles, issues, sorrows and accomplishments, circumstances and joys that have been a part of my life.  
and
which fills my heart with 

Praying for a day of Joy for each of you reading this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers...so share your thoughts and let's talk!!!