Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday's Thoughts

 


 
Had a rough start to my morning ~ my blood sugar was 58, way too low.  I am trying to learn how to balance my eating and this new schedule.  I am sure it will get better once Ron is working his regular shift beginning this Saturday.  Right now he is only working half days and we tend to eat dinner around 6:30 or 7 p.m. and then with going to bed between 9 and 10 p.m. I am taking my medications to close together.  Beginning with his new regular schedule of working from 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m we will be having dinner around 5:45 p.m. which will then allow me to eat a snack around 8:30 p.m.  When I spoke with the nurse yesterday she said Dr. Griffith said I should eat some protein before bed like a slice of ham/salami/pepperoni and a piece of hard cheese and that should help with the dropping blood sugars.  Sometimes trying to eat healthy can be so hard.

And I had a horrific headache.  Thought again about going back to bed but got to chatting with a couple friends on Facebook (love being able to connect with people like that - it is my morning coffee chat time.)  And then it was time to get busy with my day.

As I mentioned the other day, I have been having a hard time feeling really connected to the Lord.  This morning I prayed before I started reading and confessed that to the Lord.  He answered me with a good study time with Him and asking myself questions about life, behaviors, goals, I want to be treated by others and how I treat others.

It all began with my devotion this morning taken from Philippians 3: 20-21

 

 I recently received a workbook The Beck Diet Solution Weight Loss Workbook by Judith S. Beck.  See my friend Lynda knows me really well ~ that I like to write lists, do workbooks and that I have been struggling to get my weight under control, lose some weight and make new habits around eating and what we are eating.  This year it seems really, really important for me to get this part of my life under control and get this weight off me.  You see, my sister Kathy died 2008 at the young age of 54 ~ now I am 55 and I am just not ready to die ~ God has given me so much to live for ~ a great husband, two wonderful sons, two sweet and loving daughter-in-laws and five, yes five wonderful grandchildren ~ and I want to be around for a long long time to enjoy each of them and to be a part of their lives.  Enough monkeying around, time to get serious.

And this morning God reminded me in a round about way that my body is His temple and we are responsible for taking care of our bodies.  

This morning I admitted to myself IF I don't buy the candy, the goodies, the sweets then they won't be in our home for me to have to battle with do I or do I not eat XXX.  Along with this workbook I have made an agreement to be accountable for my choices ~ good or bad ~ and to write down whatever I put into my mouth ~ good or bad.  I am using http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ and it really does help a lot...I just have to remind myself to JUST DO IT!  One of the tools from the workbook are "Think Cards" and the very first one says "Do It Anyway"  and I have kind of put it along with "Just Do It" together.  I know what I eat and drink are choices I make every day.  And every day my first choice must be "Do It Anyway"  and so I have told myself and now YOU that I am not going to be buying that S Stuff - Stuff made with Sugar ~ you know the candy, the cookies, the cakes.  This doesn't mean I will never have these, come on, who can live without chocolate?? And I know with God, Dee, Lynda and others on my support team I will become the healthy woman that God's wants me to be.

For the month of April my devotions have been on JOY.  I was taught JOY means Jesus, Others, You.  So first off the definition of Joy:
1     a : the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires : delight
       b : the expression or exhibition of such emotion : gaiety
2    a state of happiness or felicity : bliss
3    a source or cause of delight 
 
Joy catches us off guard.  It wells up inside us from love.  It brings a smile to my face/heart for no apparent reason.  It trusts peacefully when things are falling apart around us.
 
And in 
 
 
 
Philemon 4 to 7
I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.

And as I read and thought about this verse this morning I thought about the fact that I like to know others think about me, care about me, pray for me,  love me and especially when they share that with me in some way so I need to be doing more of that.  I need to pray for others when I say I am going to, I need to let others know I care about them and love them.  I need to be intentional about sharing with others what they mean to me. Kind of like the


 
And then I moved into Proverbs.  I read one Proverb a day and think about how it applies to my life.  
 



And that is one promise of God I hold up every day ~ 
that God's Word is true and that He is my shield and protector.

What do you find Joy in?

Are you accountable to someone or a group of people about something in your life?
Do you feel trapped, obligated or thankful that you are accountable to someone?

I am thankful to have friends who love me and care about what I do in different areas of my life.  Though sometimes I may not be the nicest person about being accountable and snap at them instead of telling them I appreciate them and that I know they truly care about me or else they wouldn't be a part of my life.  I think it is important to have friends in my life who will challenge me on things I say or do or eat or don't eat, drink or don't drink  because those are my true friends who don't just say the things that make me happy - I am thankful for authentic friends!  And I want to be authentic with them and all those who come into my life whether for a day or a season or for a life time.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers...so share your thoughts and let's talk!!!