Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunny & Foggy ~ the Weather and My Brain

 
The picture above is what it looks like outside this morning and how my brain was yesterday.  

I got up with Ron in the morning, made his breakfast (bagel & banana) and couldn't wait for him to leave so I could go back to bed.  
Back to bed!!!  
What about my plan to have a specific time with the Lord in the mornings, do some exercise every day, plan a nice dinner for in the evenings, work on projects, you know the list goes on and on.  
But what did I do...I went back to bed, setting the alarm for 8:00 a.m. and promptly went back to sleep...so much for my planned day.  The alarm went off at 8:00 a.m. and I turned it off and rolled back over and slept till 8:57.  I then got up and just piddled the day away.  Didn't spend any time with the Lord, didn't drink my 3 bottles of water for the day, ate junk food and didn't plan anything for dinner.  In fact, spent most of the day on the computer and four hours getting the TV hooked up, the Wii hooked up, the Internet on the Wii ~ and tempers were short with both of us snapping at each other...hmmm could it have anything to do with not eating right all day, too much sugar not enough protein?  And dinner ~ so unhealthy: hotdogs wrapped in tortillas and tater tots...no veggie's plus drank a soda pop.  What about my goal to not drink soda pop any more unless it is a special occasion or outing???
Went to bed and was asleep by 9:30...good thing because the alarm was set for 5 a.m.  Praying as I drifted off to sleep I asked the Lord for a better attitude tomorrow.

Well now it is today.  There is a nice layer of fog outside yet the sun is peaking through.  Funny how the little bit of sunshine that is peaking through makes the leaves on the trees shiny and bright.  Encouraging hues of color of what the day could hold.

Made oatmeal and a banana for breakfast this morning.  And started drinking my first bottle of water for the day.  Chatted with Ron till he got ready to go to work and then we prayed together before he walked out the door.  Started to clean off the table and the door opened back up, Ron forgot his vest and gloves...oops, now he is really gone for the day.  He gets off at noon today.  Thinking we will go for a drive this afternoon and check out the area a little more.

Straightened up a few things and then gathered my Bible, the devotional The Sanctuary by David Jeremiah and my journal.  Got distracted by the sun coming up amidst the fog and then turned back to reading and seeing what God had in store for me this morning.

The scripture was Psalm 143:5-6
 
I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Your works;
I muse on the work of Your hands.   I spread out my hands to You;
My soul longs for You like a thirsty land. 
 
And I am reminded that God has been with me every step of this journey of life.  He has protected me, guided me, encouraged me and loved me as only the best Daddy in the world could do.
 
I remember how hard it was for me to grasp this concept that God is my Daddy...that's hard to imagine when my bio and step-dad were not the best dads in the world.  Oh, I know they did the best they could with what they knew and yes I have forgiven them for the hurts I incurred from them as a child, a teenager and even as a young adult.   I was 25+ when I stood up to my dad for the first time.  And I am thankful that we were able to talk, spend time together and renew our relationship in a much better way.  I miss my dad a lot and yet I am thankful that before he died we had many good times together and that our son's each had a special relationship with my dad.

I also spent quite a few years working through the abuse of my step-dad and how it affected me and in turn affected my family and other relationships.  I came to a place, with the Lord's help and some great counseling from a wonderful Christian counselor/friend and a pastor who did not give up on me.  I will never forget what Ed did to me but I have forgiven him (with the Lord's help) and have taken a horrible situation and made peace in my life with that situation.

Yet, though there has been healing getting to know and trust God as my Abba Father, my Daddy has not always been easy.  And this morning as I read the above scripture and devotion I am reminded that God has always been with me in the past, I see his handiwork each and every day in the present and so I trust that He will continue to be my side and never let me down...as my girlfriend, Dee, reminds me "He hasn't failed you yet girlfriend!"  And indeed he hasn't.

And I know He won't!!!  And I give thanks to Him this morning for a new day, a fresh start to my goal of getting healthy, a day to honor my hubby by doing things he likes like making him a cup of hot fresh coffee this morning, making him a breakfast that is healthy and nourishing before he headed out the door for work, planning a nice dinner of homemade meatballs and spaghetti and keeping our home clean and relaxing.  I thank the Lord for the beautiful sunshine of this morning after a doomy gloomy day of rain and wind yesterday.  

I hope your today is filled with lots of sunshine and many blessings from the Lord.

If you have a prayer need, please let me know.  I would love to join in prayer with you.

God Bless and have a great day!!!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your words! I too love David Jeremiah. He is truly blessed by our father! So are you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers...so share your thoughts and let's talk!!!