Monday, December 30, 2013

A New Day Dawning

I don't know about y'all but sometimes I have to start over many times...yesterday while fighting a headache I decided I needed to get my butt organized...some of you may find that amazing that I think I need to get organized...I am usually an organize freak...but the last month, maybe two or three months if I am totally honest with myself...I have been slacking...the last few weeks on exercising, the last month on making healthy food choices, the last couple of months on keeping my house clean...oh it looks clean and I am not ashamed if anyone sees my house...things are picked up, but you know the deep cleaning, the dusting and vacuuming...the stuff that is easy to overlook so yesterday was my day to regroup.

I began with setting the alarm on the phone....
...5:45 a.m. ~ Monday ~ Saturday's...get up to exercise
...8:00 a.m. ~ Sunday mornings...get up and go to church

And then I did my Weekly To Do List

On my list for today, 12/30/13

Daily Quiet Time ~ what a great time in the Word this morning, more on that later in the post 
Weigh In _____
6:00 a.m. 45 minutes on Bike, rode 10.12 miles, burned 516 calories
Blog - BVC
Encourage someone
Drink Bottles of water X¨¨
Breakfast
Dinner: Creamy Turkey Soup
Watch Liberty
List food/exercise on My Fitness Pal
Fasting Blood Sugar ~ was 80 so that is good!

I am a LIST Maker - it helps me to stay accountable so I am off to a good start this morning.

There are some things on my list that is the same each day ~ 
that will help me with consistency.
Some days have lots of things listed and some days not so many
And then at the bottom of my Weekly To Do Lists

I also listed all the TASKS that need to be completed...
...I have so many craft projects that I have started or committed to that have been pushed aside and the biggest reason is how I have let Facebook and Solitaire suck up my time.  I get easily distracted and lose my focus...today is Day 1 of beiing better disciplined with my time.  Facebook is hard...I go on there to write the Facebook Post for Branson View Campground and then I might see a comment from a friend or a message or someone is on chat and the next thing I know two or three hours have gone by and nothing that I needed to have done is completed.  We have five Admins on our page (me, Ron, Kimberly, Jw, and Virginia)  maybe we need to start a rotating schedule...hint, hint, hint.  I have a similar list of Things To Do each day for me, Ron and the Workampers at Branson View Campground.  Now I just have to stick to it.


And once again the Lord met me right where I am today...He is good like that!!!

Beginning with
and really I am having trouble...trouble staying on task, following through with my commitments, cooking healthy, making healthy food choices, drinking way too much soda pop and not enough water so this verse reminded me to Seek God each and every morning and not just for the big things like the awfullizing thoughts that I was dealing with yesterday BUT with the little things as well...choosing a bottle of water over a bottle of soda pop.

And remembering to Be Still, Be Quiet so that I can hear God when He speaks to me.  Keep my eyes and ears open, be on the lookout to see what God would have me to learn and do each day, how I can serve Him, encourage others and most of all be aware of Him in my life.

And it continued with


and

and

Don't forget God will give me the strength to deal with and do what I need to do each day, I need to be the one seeking after the Lord, He will not chase me down nor beat me up side the head...He isn't like that and to remember that the things I have are ALL HIS and I need to not be Selfish but to serve Him with Open Hands and not hold on so tight to things like blankets or people.

And then I turned to
and was reminded HE died for me, HE gave his life so I might live

and then I wrote this
"Lord help me to remember that all I have is because of You ~ help me to open my hands and let go of what I grasp and try to hold onto ~ like the blankets, help me not to mention them again to anyone, help me to let them go ~ you gave your all...my letting go of a couple of blankets is nothing compared to what you gave for me!! Amen and amen!!!

And then just to give me one reassurance that He will never leave me, that He is always with me

and

Isn't God grand...
He will never leave me ~ Satan likes to try to isolate me and make me think I am alone in this world BUT that just ain't so!!!

Thinking on this all day today!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers...so share your thoughts and let's talk!!!