Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Continuing to learn and hear what God has to say to me.

First off thank you to everyone who replied to yesterday's blog post...isn't God awesome how he talks to one person and that person doesn't even know that what they share resonates with someone else...I am thankful I was obedient and listened to God..and I continue to strive to do that daily.

The other day I was struggling as I was choosing
 
in my life and Satan was throwing things at me right and left and I shared that with my bestie, Dee and she reminded me that Satan wants to take my Joy away and I just need to make the right choice...choose to respond in JOY, choose to see the JOY in whatever situation I am in.

After a very long and mostly difficult day yesterday dealing with multiple internet issues and spending over 3 hours on the phone with 3 different guys trying to fix the internet problem...not to happen ~ the technician will be out sometime this afternoon...and Satan trying to make me go back on my decision/commitment to not be on Facebook as he brought thoughts to mind 'oh you should share this on Facebook" and then God bringing to mind my word to Him - no Facebook for the month of August...

...and then this morning 
thru Romans 14:17
 
reminded me that my JOY comes from the LORD through the Holy Spirit into my life
and so again today I am choosing JOY
 
and through Christ all things are possible.

Joy to me is also the settled peace ~ the peace that passes all understanding.
 
being reminded of a question that Pastor Charles asked me (on more than one occasion)  "IF the worst thing happens [ fill in the blank ] what will happen?  And my fear at the time that question was posed to me was "What if something happened to Ron?"  And I had to admit if something happened to Ron he would be Jesus and that would be great for him and Jesus would always be with me and that He had never failed me yet.  That God would still be God and God would still be in control and He would never leave me!"

And then I was led to 
 
1 John 4:1-6
specifically 1 John 4:4b

He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world

WOW!!  
Reminded again that no matter what life throws at me God is with me always and He will never leave me or give me more than I can handle.

Because God is in charge over everything, as Christ followers we don't need to be paralyzed by fear, at all or of anything that Satan might try to toss at me.

And then turning to 
2 Kings 20:1-11
 
Do I walk in truth in every relationship.  Does my keeping "feelings, needs thoughts, desires, etc." inside and not shared with those who those thoughts involve work for me?  No, not really..I let my frustrations get the best of me, cause me frustration and irritation and then I take those feelings out on others, usually the ones I love and care about the most...yes Ron :(

and then I am reminded of something that Tom (a Christian counselor I saw for 2 1/2 years during some very difficult times in my life) said "Ron (or anyone else) is not a mind reader...why do I expect him to be?  I need to be open with him ~ tell him what I need, want, desire.  I can't just expect him to know ~~ and that is the same with others who I am in relationship with - they are not mind readers.

The bottom line being "I need to walk in truth in all areas of my life!"
And not expect others to just know what I want or expect.

Do you expect others to be mind readers?
Do you need to share with someone something so that you can move forward and not stumble or get frustrated with them?

I know I do. 
And today I choose to walk in truth.


1 comment:

I love to hear from readers...so share your thoughts and let's talk!!!