Friday, May 31, 2013

Sharing & Writing

One of my RV friends, Donna B McNicol writes a blog called Write4Ten 



Think about it, read the definitions below, then sit for ten minutes (minimum) and write. It could be fact or fiction, your choice. The idea is to spark your imagination and get back into enjoying writing.
share 1  (shâr)

n.
1. A part or portion belonging to, distributed to, contributed by, or owed by a person or group.
2. An equitable portion: do one's share of the work.
3. Any of the equal parts into which the capital stock of a corporation or company is divided.
v. sharedshar·ingshares
Share, Sharing, Shared, Shares
When I first read the word share this morning my mind immediately went to a memory of sharing my lunch with others while in grade school.  Not really a big deal what kids bring to school for lunch that is until you bring the same boring bologna sandwich on cheap  white bread (it was 29 c ents a loaf back then ~ and yes that is showing my age :) with mayonnaise that had not been refrigerated since the early morning hours and maybe an apple or an orange and once in a while (big while) there might be a cookie or two and then the little carton of milk if I could find the 5 cents to buy it.  Lunches at that time were not pleasant to make, bring to school or even eat.  But once in a while someone would ask if anyone wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?  You bet...I still love peanut butter and jam sandwiches.  Jam more than jelly, especially homemade strawberry or raspberry jam with the seeds...yummy.
Did you ever share your lunch with someone or did someone share their lunch with you.
I still share my lunch or dinner with someone quite often.
When visiting my grandchildren we will often share a peanut butter & jam sandwich or a big bucket of movie popcorn ~ I just love movie popcorn that is a day or two old...it just tastes good and crunches :)
Sometimes at dinner I will share part of my dinner with my sweetie.  It is usually because I get full and ask him if he wants the rest of mine.  And usually he does .
One thing I really enjoy sharing are my thoughts, saying that I read on Facebook or hear from a friend and recipes!  Recipes are so fun.  I was challenged to only share healthy recipes for 30 days...do you know it's hard to find healthy, good looking, hopefully tasty recipes.   Or maybe I am not looking in the right places.
I also love snuggles with my grandchildren.  Max doesn't like sharing snuggles with me much less hugs and kisses but he does humor me and gives me a hug when we part our ways.  I guess I can understand...he is 14 years old y'know.
 I enjoy spending time with people and sharing stories of our lives as well as how the Lord is working in our lives, through the difficult times and easy times.  I enjoy being a part of ladies retreats and get togethers sharing how the Lord has protected me, having faith in difficult times and how He has healed me from some very painful issues I have had to deal with in my life.  And I like to share my story with those who are facing some of the many struggles and hard times I have had in my life.

Along with sharing my stories I like to hear others' stories...baby stories, first word stories, kids going to school or how a parent embarrassed one of their children when they were in middle school.  Oh, that's right I was the parent that embarrassed my younger son when he was in the 7th grade.  Maybe sometime I will share that story here in my blog.  Would you like that?  Let me know.
 Have you shared a story recently?  What about a meal?  Or what about your time with someone who just needed a friend?  Do you like to share with others?  If so, what is your favorite thing to share?  What do you like others to share with you?  Maybe a piece of candy, maybe a joke or ????

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Write 4 Ten authors club! Thank you for joining in the fun. Hope to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers...so share your thoughts and let's talk!!!