Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Words to Think On

Each year I choose a word to focus on, use as my theme for the year, to study and to learn about.  In October I got a new Bible from Ron - Women of Faith.  One of the items in this Bible is monthly devotions based on themes like Grace, Peace, Liberty & Hope.  So I have decided to use a word a month.  For January the theme is GRACE.  My focus this month is going to be on Grace, learning about God's grace, extending grace to others and to myself. I know I am usually harder on myself and expect more from me than I would from others and so I also need to learn to give myself Grace.

Here is the definition of grace: The exercise of love, kindness, mercy, favor; disposition to benefit or serve another; favor bestowed or privilege conferred.

From my devotion this morning: Grace is the embrace of acceptance in our humiliation.  It is the reassuring hand in our darkest hour.  Even when all others forsake (to quit or leave entirely, to desert, to abandon, to depart or withdraw from, to leave, as false friends and flatters forsake us in adversity.) us, grace is the Friend that sticks closer than a brother.  And God's grace is enough!!!

 And that was what jumped out at me  was the word enough.  God is enough, God's grace is enough for me in all situations.  It doesn't mean I will do everything perfectly or say everything correctly but if I do everything to bring glory and honor to the Lord, He will give me the grace to do and be who I am.

Stay tuned to see what I learn about grace, how I give grace and accept grace in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers...so share your thoughts and let's talk!!!