Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Where Have I Been?


Why can't I get my act together to keep this blog and my other one  "Alice's Restaurant" updated on a regular basis???  I think of all the things I want to write about but time just gets away from me....so here I go again.





We are doing fine.   Ron made it safely home from Idaho and Oregon...he took 535 pictures and I finally got them onto the computer.  Now to get them into a post or two or three....they are in my head, just have to get them onto the computer.  Today I finally wrote a letter that I have been needing to write for almost 3 months...what is with that????





I think I need to go back to carrying a daytimer of some sort.  I have been looking at them to start in January but what to do in the meantime???  Suggestions.  I have made lists, lots of lists and where are they - on my desk in the office when I am in the motor home or in the motor home when I am in the office.  Agh....I just need to get my act together.  Not only about writing and keeping them up to date but also stuff aIround here.  I feel like I am just being a slug....and I don't like this slug that I am turning into.





 I have been doing two things that were missing in my life.  I am now getting up at 6 a.m. and exercising...I have got to lose some weight.  First goal is 7.2 lbs down and I am down 2 of that 7!  Then the next goal is down 25 lbs and then another 25 lbs.  Timeline wise I want to be down 20 lbs by 11/14 when my friend Dee arrives for a week.  So I only have 18 more to go to reach that goal.





The other thing is spending time in the Word every morning.  Right now it is about 15 to 20 minutes a day.  I would like to be able to spend 45 to 60 minutes each morning in the Word and in prayer.  And I know that will improve as I get connected to a Bible study that begins the middle of September.  More directed study is the best and easiest way for me to spend more time in God's Word.





Our motor home feels crowded and cluttered.  I need to purge and get rid of stuff but don't even know where to begin.  I need to get my monthly menus back on track.  I have done pretty good this week with meal planning by day.  But I do so much better eating wise, grocery shopping wise, spending wise and not eating out wise.  





I need help, some plans, some ideas - please share, please ask me if I am doing "xyz" - what do you do to keep your home organized and simplified?  How do you do monthly meal planning?  How do you keep motivated to keep a clean and tidy home?  Yes we live in our motor home but it is our home...it's not just a place to go camping and play in???





So to close I will share the one movie Ron took while he was with Brandon and his family.  The background noise you here is Max playing a Wii shooting game.  The baby is Treyson and it is so fun to watch his little movements.










Hope you have enjoyed catching up with us even if it is just a little bit.

2 comments:

  1. Treyson is a cutie pie. Thanks for sharing the movie, Ali. I can't help you much with organization--I need to get organized myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First...you need to take a deep breath...relax!

    We are very organized and have always kept a monthly, weekly, daily planner. Btw...most of them usually begin in September due to school beginning!

    As for keeping up with writing on the blogs...well, guilty as charged. Forgive yourself and do what is best for you...I too beat myself up for not keeping it up to date, but then I give myself a break and allow myself to do what is best for me, and apparently it is not publishing every day. I write every day because it is something I love, but I do not always take the time to publish them because I need to have perfection on my publishing posts. They must have photos...they must have correct grammar...they must...the list goes on. It's that part of me that is hard to let go of, the need to always be perfect!

    Give yourself a break, as I must remind myself to do every day for myself. If you really want something bad enough, you will make the time for it, if not, then maybe it is not something you really want to do.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers...so share your thoughts and let's talk!!!