Saturday, August 13, 2011

And the Bathroom is Finished!!!


Let me begin this post with an order:





IF ANYONE HEARS ME MENTION PAINTING ANYTHING IN THE MOTOR HOME - TELL ME NO!!!!

















This is what it looked like before I started painting.  The wallpaper is an avocado green with white.  Took 3 coats of paint to cover the green so it would not show.  The cabinets were an off white and they took 2 coats of paint.







And this was just after I had been at it for about 45 minutes and I was asking myself "why did I want to paint the  bathroom?"  You may also be wondering why I didn't take the wooden cabinet down.  Because I couldn't ~ it had two screws inside and they came right out but that cabinet was stuck to the wall.  I have no idea what we did to get that cabinet to stay up there but it is there for good!  Also giving credit where due - my cousin Mike Stortroen and his girlfriend Betsy Cook are the ones who made that cabinet for me many years ago for Christmas.







And this is the finished bathroom.  I went with a blue to compliment the yellow.  What I originally thought was off white was really a lite yellow and the yellow of the cabinets is actually 3 shades of yellow above the light yellow on the color strip.  What do you think of my earring holder?  I took a piece of corkboard and put it in a 8x10 picture frame and then thought it would be nice to add some pictures of our kids and grandkids.


I hope you have enjoyed seeing the project of painting the bathroom in our motor home.  I really like how it turned out but again





IF YOU HEAR ME MENTION PAINTING ANYTHING ELSE IN THE MOTOR HOME TELL ME NO!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Wow that is some busy wallpaper. I would of been covering that up also. You did a great job. It looks so refreshing!! Love yellow and blue together. What a cute idea for your earings!!

    Now you can rest!!

    Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lot of work but it looks really good. Now, do NOT paint the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Ali! I like your earring holder and the pictures of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job, the bath looks great, hope all is well with you guys, we haven't heard from you for awhile, life is good hear. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good...love the earring holder!

    We painted when we first got the rig and unfortunately it was frigid temps so it took way too long to dry, so we were never able to put on that second coat. We have a remodel plan for 2012, we will be repainting the entire interior ourselves but will have the outside done professionally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that looks really GREAT!! You did an outstanding job! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ali, you did a great done..a real Rembrandt! Love it. God Bless Zeee and Critters 4

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers...so share your thoughts and let's talk!!!