Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Tree Lot Day 6 & 7 including a birthday celebration!

Hello Everyone...we have had a couple of semi-busy days.

Christmas tree sales ~ we had our biggest day yesterday ~ sold 10 trees!  Today we sold our first wreath.  We now have 93 trees, 2 wreaths and 3 tree stands.  We thought we would get a delivery of trees today for the weekend but that did not happen.  Maybe tomorrow.  The weather is supposed to be cold and cloudy but they are not forecasting rain for the weekend which should help us selling trees.  I just don't think it would be a fun family outing looking for a Christmas tree in the rain.
Ron enjoying the sunshine waiting for customers.

An excited little girl with the tree she picked out for the family.

The view of the lot from TJ Max. Ron hung more lights up to make it look more festive.

Another view of the trees with the additional lights.

Close up of the lights.


Yesterday was my birthday.  The first thing Ron did was wish me a Happy Birthday and then he sang me a song.  He makes me laugh a lot.  We were up early and went out for breakfast.  I had a special treat of Eggs Benedict.  They were pretty tasty.  For my birthday dinner I chose sweet & sour ribs with rice, fresh cauliflower and of course, chocolate cake.  I received many birthday greetings from family and friends.  Ron got me a beautiful blueish/green turtleneck and a box of licorice mix (a great late night snack).  It was definitely a great birthday.
Sweater and licorice from Ron.  Planning on wearing the sweater on Christmas Eve when we go to a Christmas Eve Worship service.  Will be checking local churches to see what they offer and when as we have to work till 5 p.m.

Birthday dinner...doesn't look too good in this picture but it sure tasted good.

And my toothless fork.  See the two teeth on the side, it broke when I poked it in my ribs.  They were tender so I don't know why the fork broke, maybe because it is plastic ware and not silverware :)

Great looking cake!

And the birthday girl with her cake.  Which was scrumptious by the way.

And Ron playing with the party favors.


Today we had two fun surprises.  First was a visit from our friends Patrick & Patrica.  They own The C Shop (if you click on the title it takes you to their blog/store site) in Birch Bay, WA.  It is a candy & cafe shop.  If you are ever up in Birch Bay in the summer it is a must stop by and check out all the goodies.  One of my favorite dishes to get there is the homemade pizza.  Patrick & Patricia were on their way home from Pittsburgh via Seattle.  We were on their way home from Seattle to Birch Bay.  After visiting for a little while, they took me out for lunch at the Pancake House.  I had a taco salad ~ it was huge and tasted yummy.  We took lots of pictures of each other.
Alice, Patrick & Patricia



Ron & Alice

Doesn't he look like Santa without the suit?

And here we are again.  I think Patrick was having fun taking our picture.

Patricia, Ron & Patrick  (I need to work on getting the focus right as the picture looks a little blurry).


About an hour later my friend Lynda, from Bellingham, stopped by.  She was on her way to her son, Seth's place to spend some time with her grandkids while their parents were involved in a play that their church is putting on this holiday season.  Lynda brought me a lovely pair of blue glass earrings.  They look like deep blue raindrops.  And dinner ~ a meatloaf with mashed potatoes from Costco ~ it was pretty tasty and especially delicious because I didn't have to cook!  We then walked over to Starbucks to have a mocha and Lynda picked up a few things to take with her.  It was fun to visit with her.
Meatloaf with mashed potatoes for dinner.

Dished up on the plate with the cauliflower added.  And of course we had cake for dessert!


We had a few customers today that came and looked.  We sold one wreath and three trees bringing our total to 28 trees sold.  We keep telling ourselves that it is still early in the season.  We are hoping for a busy weekend.


Hope you enjoyed hearing about my birthday and seeing our pictures.