Monday, August 16, 2010

Answered Prayer - Safely Arrived in Eugene, OR

Another quick post before I go crawl into bed for a much needed nap.

THANK YOU for your prayers. God is faithful and that makes us thankful.

I slept for about 4 hours though I was interrupted twice ~ the first time Eric was yelling at Diane he could not see her. He was backing their truck up to their fifth wheel so they could be ready to leave at 5:00 this morning. I was woke up with a start and jumped up off the couch and yelled out my door "Quiet out there. Some of us are trying to sleep!" It took me about 30 minutes to fall back asleep. About 12:30 a.m. I was woke up by Albert's car alarm that was honking with lights blinking. Rumor has it a raccoon tripped the alarm. I am not sure ~ all I know is that the alarm went on on on for over six minutes. It not only woke me up but also woke up Rick and he was six rigs down from the car. I was right next door. It took me another 45 minutes or so to fall back asleep. Ron finished tear down about 2:45 a.m. He took a quick shower, went and got Marva and we were on the road by 3;15 a.m. Ron drove from Graham to Tenino and then I drove to Vancouver. Ron then drove through Portland when I took over the driving. I drove to Eugene with a stop at KMart so Marva could pick up a ratchet for Terry. I picked up a couple of sun shades for the driver and passenger windows. I then drove to the street by the fairgrounds with only one mishap ~ I knocked over a trash can in the road. I will try to post that picture in my next post. Ron took over driving into the actual fairgrounds. We found the bone yard and where we were to park. Ron backed us right into our spot.

We then got the motor home level, the awning out, the rug in place, two lawn chairs out. I then went to McDonalds with Scott & Marva. While I was gone Ron got the TV set up and the satellite up and ready to hook up. We finished setting up the satellite after we ate lunch.

Ron is now napping, Marva and Scott are off to set up the games and I am getting ready for a much needed nap. I think I already said that. I just wanted to let everyone know that we made it safely. I drove the major part of the trip and Ron was able to sleep for about 3 1/2 hours of the trip. He must be getting comfortable with how I handle the motor home.

I will update again either tonight or tomorrow when I want to add some much over due pictures.

Alice

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it safely to your destination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali, I give thanks to God that you made it safely to Eugene. Between you and Ron, you are an excellent team. It certainly is a good thing that you learned how to drive the motorhome! I hope this heat abates soon, as it is predicted to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your safe arrival is good news, indeed. Hope all goes well for you in Eugene. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you all made it safely to Eugene! I know you must be tired!
    I hope you enjoy your time in this new area. Take care and get some rest when you can.

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good reason every woman needs to know how to drive the rig. I am including myself. I've only driven on Interstates and not in heavy traffic. Time I do more.

    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers...so share your thoughts and let's talk!!!