Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thoughts from my time with the Lord this morning.

Once again I was reminded of the importance of spending time in the Lord's Word. Below are my reflections from this morning.

Reflections from my Advent readings:

Mark 11:24 "Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

Lord, I have sought healing for my headaches in prayer and the prayers of many others. Lord my desire is for my headaches to disappear but Lord maybe that is not your will. Maybe you want me to learn to live with them just as Paul learned to live with and deal with "the thorn in his side." Lord, help me to keep my focus on you not on the pain of these headaches. Help me to turn to you not only each day but each hour of every day, to trust you that I can do the things required of me and to do them with a joyous and loving heart.

Romans 10:17 "So faith comes from what is heard and what is heard come through the words of Christ."

I need to keep my mind filled on God's words to keep the thoughts that Satan puts in my mind at bay. Lately those thoughts have been thoughts of defeat and despair.

~~Keeping a hold of my own faith in God is what gives me my purpose for living - to serve God in all things I do, as a woman, wife, mother, grandmother, friend, family and church family member, and co-worker. As long as I keep my focus on God and his words I won't fall into the traps of Satan.~~

Philipians 4:7

I need to continually seek "the peace that passes all understanding" for God's peace is one of the strengths that God gives me each day.

Hebrews 11:1 "Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

God is the wisdom, strength, peace and healer in my life. I just need to continually put my faith and belief in Him. Not looking towards others for answers but believing God will give me the answers and reassurances through his word and those who are in my life who also believe in him. I know this sounds like a double message BUT I need to first seek God's counsel and he will guide me through his words, those who believe in him who he sends into my life. Sorry if this does not make sense - he does to me.

~~ With God all things are possible!~~

From "Our Daily Bread" daily devotion for 12/10/08

John 14:1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me (Jesus)."

Matthew 1:18-25 "The masterpiece of God's creation, marred by turning away from Him, can be restored when we give our heart to Christ."

Jesus was born and came to earth to fulfill God's promises and to repair our sin damaged lives. A life that can be restored by my faith and trust in God the Father, Jesus Christ his son, and following where the Holy Spirit leads.

~~Isn't that what it all boils down to - trusting and believing God and his word, seeking his truths every day and following his plans for me.~~


2 comments:

  1. I have been reading about your headaches, and have to tell you that I used to get headaches, too, before I started eating gluten free. I had LOTS of symptoms besides the headaches and they all disappeared just because I am no longer eating wheat.

    I am wondering if you may have some food allergies or intolerances that are causing your headaches. Do you have any other symptoms besides the headaches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice I do not know if you consume a lot of Nutrasweet in soft drinks etc, but that could be a cause. I'm no longer drinking diet drinks with that stuff and neither is Mike after watching the documentary "Sweet Misery". You can find it on youtube. It's a must see movie!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers...so share your thoughts and let's talk!!!