Monday, December 15, 2008

Brrrr!!! It's Cold Here

Brrrrrr.....it's very cold here in Blaine.

I am sitting here in the motor-home looking out the window. There is snow on the ground, the road looks icy, the wind is blowing and if you look real close you will see some beautiful sun rays showing through the clouds. A very cold yet beautiful day!

It's the kind of day that I wish we had a fireplace that I could snuggle up in front of. I even mentioned it to Ron and he said they make small fireplaces for motor-homes. Yeah!!! But then he said we don't have the room. I mentioned we could take the chair out behind the front passenger seat. He said he didn't think so.

I think I will look for a picture of a roaring fire in a fire place as a screeensaver...I can always use my imagination then:)

Well we are heading into two very busy weeks with the upcoming Living Nativity at our church (Friday, 12/19 from 6 to 8 p.m. if you are in the area), then our 33rd wedding anniversary. I keep asking Ron what he is planning and he keeps saying that planning stuff is my job ~ guess we won't be doing much on that day! Then on Sunday, 12/21 we have our children's Christmas program in the morning followed by a potluck. Later that afternoon we are going to our friends' Jerry & Lynda, for their annual Egg Nog party. Then on Monday 12/22 we start packing Christmas Dinner Boxes for 200 families in our community. This is an annual event that our church and community do. On Tuesday, 12/23 we finish packing the boxes and then distributing them to the families. It is capped with celebrating communion with our Northwood Family on Christmas Eve.

Our plans for Christmas are still not finalized...my wish is to be able to spend some time over the holidays with our 3 beautiful grandchildren. It is hard to believe that Opal will be 10 months old on 12/24 and Christopher 9 months old on 12/24 and then there is Max who is now 10 yrs old!!


Here is a picture of Jamie and Opal. I am waiting to get some new ones on Christmas Day. We do have a praise! Opal is no longer on oxygen during the day, only at night. We are all praising God for his continued healing and working in her body.




Here is a picture of Max and Christopher. We got a quick note from Dananlyn and she said that Christopher is finally gaining weight! Yeah another reason to praise God. He is so good to us! We are hoping to be able to go to Boise the week after Christma
s. Well that's that about all from here. Ron and I are off to another Blaine boys basketball game - Ron runs the clock and I keep the scorebook. Talk to you all soon.

2 comments:

  1. That is very good news about Opal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice,

    I'm Andy Weeda and I lead the YL team here in Blaine. I noticed your comment on the Blaine YL Blog. My wife Amy and I are also on the area committee for YL and are responsible for keeping the community connected and updated. We'd love to add you to our list if you are interested. If so, email me at andyweeda@yahoo.com

    Look forward to hearing back.

    A&W

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers...so share your thoughts and let's talk!!!