Thursday, April 26, 2012

Making Dinner

Making Dinner ~ it shouldn't be a hard decision but sometimes it takes me forever to figure out what to cook.  I enjoy cooking I just hate trying to figure out what to cook.  And I really don't like it when I ask hubby "What would you like for dinner?" and his response is "I dont' care."

So this morning while I was working on the laptop I asked hubby if he would get out some meat from the freezer for dinner.  He said "OK."  And promptly opened the freezer and jumped back as something fell out.  Dinner tonight is broiled pork steaks (that's what fell out of the freezer) and home made potato salad (with the left over egg salad from lunch dumped in) and for dessert (which we don't have every night) is banana nut chocolate chip bread.  And now looking at this I think we need a vegetable.  It will be either green beans or corn ~ whichever hubby gets out of the tote.

So how do you decide what to make for dinner?

Oh, one more thing ~ who does the dishes at your place?  Since moving into the motor home full time and there is only room for one person in the kitchen area we made a deal.  Who ever cooks dinner gets the night off from doing the dishes!!!  So I really don't mind cooking because that means I don't have to do the dishes.

2 comments:

  1. We are having French toast. We have so many eggs...lol and we didn't eat lunch till 2 so light supper. And I do the cooking and the dishes. He makes to big of a mess!!! I know ...I am a control freak...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do all the cooking, except for when Dave grills meat. I also do all the dishes, both at home and in the motorhome, but I don't really mind because Dave handles all the nasty outside chores. We're pretty traditional in the sharing of the chores! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers...so share your thoughts and let's talk!!!