Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Morning Thoughts

I woke up this morning thinking about work: internet use, letting others "issues" becoming my own and that I need to stop taking things personally.  And that instead of letting things or people get to me I need to send up "arrow" prayers for God to help me through a situation or interaction with people who seem to get under my skin.     

We have made the decision to extend our contract here at the Lone Star Corral and I don't want nor can it be a year filled with irritation.  I need to not let things get to me because then I take those irritants home and treat Ron in a not so nice way like snapping at him when he has done nothing wrong.  That is why I need to take things to God in prayer.

And then I turned to my Bible reading for this morning and it was Proverbs 3:5-6...in my words:

Trust in the Lord with all my heart
Lean not on my own understanding
In all my ways acknowledge the Lord God as my Everlasting Father
And then He will direct my paths.

Thank you Lord for these verses this morning as a reminder that I need to continually put my trust in You, seeking You in all areas of my life, not just with the big stuff but with the day to day things.  Knowing You are always present in my life and You will guide me in all my activities and interactions with others.  Help me to remember to keep my focus on You.  Your daughter, Ali. 

1 comment:

I love to hear from readers...so share your thoughts and let's talk!!!